Site Map | Join | IC blogs | Register | Site Rules | My ImagineChat | Forums
All Room WhoChat | The Bubble Chat | Personal Rooms
Things that will get you removed from rooms:
- Excessive OOC (Out Of Character) chatting and/or arguing. Basically, if you've been
asked by other chatters or a staff member of IC (mods or admin) to take your ooc to
private messages more than three times, you will be removed for a short period of time.
OOC is fine until it starts congesting a room and interfering with *anyone* trying to
role-play. That's what we're here for. If you want to 'chat' with your friends, the
Reality Room is here *just* for you.
- Spamming the rooms with blank or nonsense posts or pictures. Posting RT information
about other people besides yourself in public posts.
- Racism, bigotry (stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that
differs from one's own), child pornography, posts referring to sexual acts with children.
- Harassing other players in an OOC manner, whether in PM or in public or by using an
'anonymous' type name. Harass: 1. to disturb persistently; torment, as with troubles
or cares; bother continually; pester; persecute. 2. to trouble by repeated attacks,
incursions, etc., as in war or hostilities; harry; raid. As you can see by that
definition- "to harass" is a very subjective phrase. A note: Harassment is not arguments between friends or couples. If harassment is happening anywhere other than an imaginechat.com address, our staff can not help you. Please either block them from the messenger you use, or report it to the site staff where the problem is occuring. If you are being harassed while using imaginechat.com, please copy the harassing posts and PM them to site staff through the site message board with time stamps, date and the room where the problem occurred. If we don't know about it, we can't help you.
- Revealing RT information about people other than yourself.
- Blatantly ignoring posted room rules. Each site has its rules, each room has it's own.
READ THEM BEFORE ENTERING.
- Being under legal age to enter this site.
By using the default entry name or other such anonymous type names, you hereby agree to
- You will keep all your posts to PM and not disturb the room in any way (Permission may
be required in some realms).
- You will refrain from *any* posts at all if your private messages are not welcomed.
- Any action or post you make in public will remain unacknowledged, unacted upon and
generally ignored. The exception to this is: Disruptive or
flaming posters will be immediately removed without warning.
- You will not use any knowledge gained in this manner for IC advantage.
- If you do wish to join in the roleplay you will take a name.
- Many rooms do not allow anonymous names at all. Read the room entrances carefully.
Things that will get your posts removed from the message boards:
- Anonymous posts- use your name.
- Excessive use of profanity- at staff's discretion.
- Breaking any of the room rules listed above in your message board posts.
- Harrasing posts, posts that reveal RT information about people other than yourself.
As with every other part of these sites, this is an adult area and those under 18 are
banned from posting here. Posting on the boards is a priviledge that can be taken away.
Continual breaking of these rules will result in permanent banning from the boards.
Things that will get you banned:
- Being under the age of 18. If you are suspected of being underage you will be
immediately banned and the onus will be upon you to provide proof of your age. Scanned
copies of IDs or drivers liscenses will not be accepted. When you are banned, you will
receive an email with a form to take to a local notary public.
- Knowingly allowing minors to access the site.
- Continued removal from the rooms. In other words, if you continue to break the rules
posted above, there will be consequences.
- Hacking or posting codes to interfere with the chat programming of the site.
- RT threats to other players on the site whether on the message boards or in the rooms
will be reported to authorities and may result in banning from the site as a whole.
- Theft. Blatant repeated theft of any of the following: other people's characters
(not ones that you shared or created together as a couple), other people's avatars or use of
any unique content without the express permission of the author.
- Administration reserves the right to ban at their discretion if they feel a situation
Things we suggest:
- Be familiar with the site rules.
- Be familiar with the Role Player's Creed. It will help you in
- Be respectful and courteous to the other players. This includes reducing av sizes if
someone complains. We recommend keeping them less than 350 pixels high.
- All role play is welcome here, but respect each room's boundaries and themes.
- Keep your RT (real time) self seperate from your role-play character. Do not give out
personal RT information in the rooms, even in PM. If you must share that info, do it 'off
site'. ((Email or ICQ))
- If you are new, adding an *o* after your name to indicate you are observing is the
safest bet. Observers should watch and ask questions in private and not interfere with the
Things you should know:
- While we take every precaution we possibly can to prevent minors from entering the site
and interacting with the adults here, we take no responsibility for your own behaviour
here. Engage in sexual conversations at your own risk.
- Imagine Chat graphics are created by members of the staff and any images used for
composite works are believed to be in the public domain. If this is not the case, please
contact us and we will immediately remove the image.
- Imagine Chat takes no responsibility for for any damages, including but not limited to
monetary, technical, or mental/physical, resulting from taking part in chat session(s).
- Imagine Chat was created by role-players for role-players. Personal role-play opinions
of the staff are not necessarily shared by all of the staff or even endorsed by the site
and its owners.
- Imagine Chat site's rooms have accompanying websites which are created and
maintained by 'members' of each room. IC takes no responsibility for the content of these
sites and claims no copyright or ownership of this material.
- Imagine Chat staff are volunteers and while we recognize that they represent IC, we also
recognize that they are individuals with opinions that are as unique as they are. With
this in mind, please know our staff is expected and encouraged to express these views even
if they do not agree with management's opinions or the general public's.
© 2014 imaginechat.com